Family Herbalist Course
Taught by herbalist Lise Wolff, RH (AHG), MSc
Lise Wolff wants the world to be a happier, more sustainable place for everyone. This course is designed to help folks become more self-sufficient and provide the ability to take care of themselves and their families rather than always running to urgent care.
Lise’s many reviews always comment on her practical approach. In the Family Herbalist Course, Lise clearly describes how to actually use the remedies she suggests with complete and clear case histories. Photos of the plants discussed are included, as well as a discussion of how to prepare the remedies and dosing for infants to the elderly.
- Thursday, May 5
- Thursday, May 12
- Thursday, May 19
- Thursday, May 26
- Thursday, June 2
- Thursday, June 9
- Thursday, June 16
- Thursday, June 23
- Series of 8 classes
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm US Central (Chicago time)
- Classes are held online in a webinar format. Students will view and hear only the teacher and hosts but can participate in the online chat and Q&A. Lise makes sure to allow plenty of time for Q&A and student participation.
- Class is friendly to all skill levels
SAVE: Sign up by April 25 and save 20%!
You can find more information and registration HERE.
Herbal Medicine Making
Instructor: Marina Povlitzki
DATES: Saturday, April 16, 2022
Our landscapes are full of plants. From trees and flowers to roots and weeds, each plant has its own unique spirit, energy and purpose. The plants that surround us are offering up their help and healing energy but learning how to use them can sometimes feel daunting to beginners.
In this workshop, we will gather to discuss all the different ways to use plants as medicine. You will learn tried and true methods to prepare a tea, infusion, decoction, syrup, poultice, compress, tincture, infused oil and salve. Learn the skills you will need to start using herbs more regularly, to make your own plant medicine and to create a home pharmacy.
In this class we will not be harvesting herbs or discussing individual plants, but instead focusing on the practical skill of medicine making in all its different forms. If you would like to learn about individual plants and how they can be used, sign up for individual plant walks or the full plant walk series. Students who sign up for the full plant walk series will receive a discount on this workshop.
You can find more information HERE.
Nettle Fest 2022!
DATE: May 15, 2022
LOCATION: 1146 153rd Lane NE, Ham Lake MN
INFO: Join us for an afternoon of learning about nettles and how they offer us nourishment and support our health. We will have the opportunity to gather nettles from Cindy’s magical nettle pasture, sample nettle-iscious snacks, and make some watercolor paintings with paint made from nettles. $10 suggested donation.
For more information email Betsy at email@example.com
Check out these websites for ongoing classes:
- Herbal Classes with Lise Wolff
- Herbal Classes with Erin Piorier
- Upcoming workshops with Marina Povlitzki
- Betsy Nelson
- Carolyn Smith, Twin Cities Herbalist & teacher
- theHERBAL Cache
- The Medicine Tree, local clinc & classes/Dina Goodwill
- Home Herbalism Online Courses with Elizabeth Heck
- Four Elements Herbal/Jane Hawley Stevens
- Herbal Classes with Angela Campbell
- Sacred Journey Healing Arts, also on Facebook
- Midwest Women’s Herbal Conferences and Workshops
- Sassafras Healing Arts
- Matthew Wood Institute of Herbalism online courses
- Western Herbalism Classes with Matthew Wood
- Adagio Holistic
- Veda Yoga Therapy & Body Work Classes
- Medicine Tree Herbs
- Savanna Moon Wild Life Sanctuary
- North Country Herbal Exchange facebook page
- Wild Ones Twin Cities event calendar
- Minnesota Natural Health, Life Unlimited
- Midwest School of Herbal Studies
- Cooking Classes with Jennette Turner
- Flower Essence Classes by Martin Bulgerin
- Linda Conroy of Moonwise Herbs, Sheboygan, WI
- Dancing Yarrow, Mondovi, WI
- The Coulee Region Herbal Institute