Group Garlic Mustard Pull
Come join us to pull the tasty but invasive garlic mustard!
Pull and save the garlic mustard for cooking! Betsy Nelson, Herbalist and Chef, will share a few of her favorite ways to enjoy this nutritious wild edible.
DATE: Saturday, May 6, 2023
TIME: 10:00 AM – Noon
WHERE: Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden (South Entrance), 1 Theodore Wirth Pkwy, Minneapolis
Parking: Free parking in the Wirth Park Beach Lot
Please note that it is ok to work in the light rain, but you will suspend or cancel work in severe weather (thunder, lighting, tornados, high winds)
- Dress for the weather. Layers work well this time of the year.
- For safety, please wear closed-toe shoes.
- Wear work gloves.
- Bring a water bottle for hydration
- Have sunglasses/hat/sunscreen
- Wear clothes that can get dirty
Volunteers should walk from the quaking bog parking lot to the quaking bog, then follow the trail south along the eastern edge of the bog. The highest priority zone for controlling garlic mustard is that space on the hill just south of the bog. Volunteers can move from that space towards the southeast after that’s all cleared out.
Please leave bagged debris near the trash bins at the Quaking Bog lot.
Volunteer Waiver: please submit this electronic waiver prior to the event.
TREE MEDICINE AND SPIRITUALITY
INSTRUCTORS: Paul Red Elk
DATE: Sunday, May 21, 2023
TIME: 9am – 4pm
LOCATION: Sally Manzara Interpretive Nature Center
(Lake Elmo, Minnesota)
CLASS INFO: Are you aware there are over 43 different tree medicines? I have been collecting this lost information for many years, from American Indian medicine people and spiritual advisors across the Upper Mid-West of the United States, Southern Canada. This tree medicine knowledge has never been taught or shared. Most trees have wonderful medicine, spiritual connections and personal protection to share with us.
Space is limited. Please register early with Paul Red Elk only firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pay with check, cash only. The address is Paul Red Elk 2356 Cottage Dr. Stillwater, MN. 55082
** The nature center has nothing to do with this class.
Registration class Cost is $90.00 if paid in full by May 1st, 2023, Late fee is $100.00.
If you need to cancel, please do so before May 18th, 2023. For a refund.
Please bring your own chair, something to eat, something to drink. Weather permitting there will be a tree walk. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
Advertise Your Class Here!
DATE: When you want
LOCATION: Here, there, anywhere
INFO: Send your information to email@example.com and we’ll get it added in here.
Check out these websites for ongoing classes:
- Herbal Classes with Lise Wolff
- Herbal Classes with Erin Piorier
- Upcoming workshops with Marina Povlitzki
- Betsy Nelson
- Carolyn Smith, Twin Cities Herbalist & teacher
- theHERBAL Cache
- The Medicine Tree, local clinc & classes/Dina Goodwill
- Home Herbalism Online Courses with Elizabeth Heck
- Four Elements Herbal/Jane Hawley Stevens
- Herbal Classes with Angela Campbell
- Sacred Journey Healing Arts, also on Facebook
- Midwest Women’s Herbal Conferences and Workshops
- Sassafras Healing Arts
- Matthew Wood Institute of Herbalism online courses
- Western Herbalism Classes with Matthew Wood
- Adagio Holistic
- Veda Yoga Therapy & Body Work Classes
- Medicine Tree Herbs
- Savanna Moon Wild Life Sanctuary
- North Country Herbal Exchange facebook page
- Wild Ones Twin Cities event calendar
- Minnesota Natural Health, Life Unlimited
- Midwest School of Herbal Studies
- Cooking Classes with Jennette Turner
- Flower Essence Classes by Martin Bulgerin
- Linda Conroy of Moonwise Herbs, Sheboygan, WI
- Dancing Yarrow, Mondovi, WI
- The Coulee Region Herbal Institute